The London Borough of Hillingdon are offering grants to businesses in Ruislip town centre to improve their shop fronts.
The appearance and quality of shop fronts are vital for attracting customers in and around a town centre, increasing sales and investment and contributing to the unique character and vibrancy of the local parade.
Who can apply for the grant?
You may apply for the grant if you are an independent business within the High Street, Ruislip.
What improvements can you apply for?
· New signage
· Refurbishment of existing/original shop fronts
· Lower cost minor repairs
How much is the grant worth?
LBH can offer a maximum grant of up to £4,800, subject to £1,200 being paid by you.
An example of how this would work in practice is shown below:
LBH have made the grant application process as straightforward as possible, just follow these seven steps:
1. Complete the expression of interest form, or they can email the form directly to you to fill out.
2. LBH architects will then make contact with you and other neighbouring shops and will develop concept designs for your shop front improvements. They will assist in obtaining quotations from recommended contractors.
3. A shop front grant application form will then need to be completed - LBH can help you with this.
4. After the application is made, the council will review and if necessary carry out planning consent procedures. Decisions are usually made within 10 weeks. Successful grant applications will receive a formal grant letter.
5. Once the grant offer is accepted in writing and returned, architects will appoint the chosen contractor(s) and project manage the improvement works.
6. You will be asked to pay your 20% contribution towards the improvements before work commences.
7. On satisfactory completion of the works, the council will pay the contractor(s) directly.
If you were unable to attend the meeting or did not have the opportunity to express your interest on the night, you can still enquire by visiting the council website in the link below: